Funded by the European Union
Strengthening Parliamentary Democracy in Georgia
UNDP and European Union join hands to assist the Parliament in its efforts to represent the needs and views of Georgian citizens more effectively, to streamline law-making processes, and enhance governmental control. Much focus is placed on strengthening cooperation with European counterparts, launching public dialogue about European integration and ensuring easier access to public information.
What We Do
We assist in:
- Completing Parliament’s Institutional Reform Plan;
- Advancing Parliament’s relations with international counterparts and ensuring effective communication to public;
- Inviting high-level international advisors for strategic advice to the Parliament’s leadership;
- Strengthening technical support to committees and factions;
- Increasing Parliament’s role in European integration process.
Some results so far
- Enacted Institutional Reform Plan and revised Rules of Procudures.
- Parliament of Georgia actively engaged in Open Government Partnership (OGP) Initiative and adopts the Open Parliament Georgia Action Plan.
- Development of the committee strategic action plans in progress.
- Enhanced coordination with the Government of Georgia and other partners to promote the European Integration agenda.
- Public awareness campaigns on the European integration and related reforms.
Who finances it
|Parliament of Georgia
- Start date:
- February 2014
- End date:
- August 2016
- Geographic coverage:
- PMC Group, Westminster Foundation for Democracy, CESS
Focus AreaDemocratic Governance
Parliament of Georgia
- Strengthening Parliamentary Democracy in Georgia English
15a Paliashvili Street
Tbilisi 0179 Georgia
+995 32 2990280
Contact Person in UNDP
Democratic Governance Team Leader