Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
Governance Reform Fund
The Governance Reform Fund (GRF) is more than a decade-long initiative to assist the Government of Georgia with major institutional reforms in the country. Kicked off in 2003, in the aftermath of the Rose Revolution, the programme sought to promote targeted anti-corruption measures. Later, it has expanded into a comprehensive assistance programme aiming to enhance efficiency of public institutions through policy advice, technical assistance, skills development and on-demand consultancy.
What We Do
UNDP works hand in hand with the Swedish Government to strengthen the public sector in Georgia and ease the implementation of the Government’s reform agenda. The current phase of the programme was set in motion in 2015 and will end in 2020. During this period, particular emphasis is devoted to further rapprochement to the European values and principles.
Some results so far
Since 2003, the Governance Reform Fund has beneffited a number of public institutions in Georgia. Some specific results of the programme include:
- Improved donor coordination system, including for the donors' database, at the Donor Coordination Unit at the Administration of the Government of Georgia.
- Establishment of the Innovative Service Lab to improve the quality of public services in Georgia.
- The National Action Plan on Mental Health drafted and adopted in January 2015.
- Assistance to emergency centre 112 of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia in its efforts to design accessible services for the people with hearing and speaking impairements.
- Capacity building programmes for over 3000 participants across fifteen beneficiary institutions.
- Strengthened whistle-blower protection mechanisms within the civil service.
- Assistance to the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia in launching a web-based information portal for managing educational records.
- Technical assistance and policy support to the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs; Public Service Development Agency of the Ministry of Justice, Civil Service Bureau, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection, Ministry of Corrections and Legal Assistance, Ministry of Finance.
Who finances it: 2015-2020
|Swedish Government (SIDA)||US$ 2,071,251|
- Start date:
- October 2015
- End date:
- October 2020
- Geographic coverage:
- Office of the Prime Minister of Georgia, Administration of the President of Georgia, Parliament of Georgia, Public Agencies
- US$ 2,091,251
- Funded by:
- Government of Sweden
Sustainable Development Goals
15a Paliashvili Street
Tbilisi 0179 Georgia
Contact Person in UNDP
Democratic Governance Team Leader